Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Bloody Mary" is a song by Lady Gaga, and produced by Fernando Garibay from Born This Way. "Bloody Mary" is also the name Gaga has for her car. An instrumental clip was used during Transmission Gagavision 42. The song was registered on BMI on May 17, 2011.
According to Peter Robison at PopJustice, the song is a spooky rave ballad sung from the perspective of Mary Magdalene. Gaga revealed the song title in NME magazine.
Bloody Mary is quite subtle actually, it's a song about Mary being divine and human at the same time, with a subtext (maybe it's not even a subtext) about the role of a woman who is supposed to be a superstar and a real woman at the same time. Not life alteringly deep perhaps but it works as a pop song.
NME magazine described the song as “A dark, pulsing and atmospheric, almost funeral electroballad, one of several tracks including ‘Judas’ with religious references.”
Gaga also revealed the concept behind the song. “I believe that Mary Magdalene was both fully divine and fully human. She has to be strong when Jesus fulfills the prophecy to die for everyone’s sins, but she still has the moment of humanity where she’s upset to let him go. She had to be a superstar, but she must have cried too.”
On November 19, 2010, Gaga tweeted a part of the lyrics: “When Punk-tius comes to kill the King upon his throne, I'm ready for their stones”
Gaga tweeted that the song "is about living halfway between fantasy and reality", and that it was inspired by her car.
- "(In the song) im struggling between fantasy+reality in bloody mary. it was inspired by my car and Mary Magdalene. (the ultimate rockstar's gf)"
Sound engineer, Dave Russell revealed that the brief for the song was to make it sound "Avant-Garde". To achieve this they "kept it fairly minimal and open sounding, but gave it a lot of neck and swagger in the drums. (It should make [yo]u nod your head a lot)".
- Clinton Sparks Remix — 4:03
- The Horrors Remix — 5:21
Clinton Sparks Remix
- "Tea & @pretzelcrisps is what's keeping me alive in this studio working on this filthy Lady Gaga rmx 4 "Bloody Mary"" 8:36 PM via web
- "This new @ladygaga remix 4 Bloody Mary i'm finishing up now in the studio is so DIRTY & ready 2 dance 2 now. So Sick!" 9:21 PM via web
- "Tomorrow i'll post the @LadyGaga "Bloody Mary" @ClintonSparks Remix which is a preview of My Awesome Mixtape 2" 11:56 AM via Twitpic
|The Born This Way Ball||All Dates||98|
|Total of performances||98|
- "Je ne veux pas mourir toute seule" (French, "I don't want to die alone")
- "Liberdade e Amor" (Portuguese, "Freedom and love")
- Programming — Fernando Garibay, Kamau Georges, DJ White Shadow
- Keyboards — Clinton Sparks, Fernando Garibay, DJ White Shadow
- Background vocals — Lady Gaga
- Recording — Dave Russell at Studio 301's Sydney Studio 2 on April 8, 2010 (Sydney )
- Studio Assistant — Jordan Power at Studio 301
- Mixing — Dave Russell at The Mix Room (Burbank )
- Assistant mixer — Paul Pavao at The Mix Room
- Mastering — Gene Grimaldi at Oasis Mastering (Burbank )
- Stefani Germanotta P/K/A Lady Gaga (BMI) Sony/ATV Songs, LLC/ House of Gaga Publishing, LLC / GloJoe Music Inc. (BMI)
- [BMI] Sony/ATV Songs LLC / Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp./ Garibay Music Publishing.
All rights on behalf of itself and Garibay Music Publishing administered by WB Music Corp.
- Maxwell and Carter Publishing, LLC (ASCAP), administered by Universal Music Publishing Group and Maxwell and Carter Publishing, LLC (BMI) administered by Universal Music Publishing Group