"Hair" is a song by Lady Gaga off Born This Way. It was released on May 16, 2011 as part of the album countdown on iTunes. The song title was revealed through Vogue magazine, and was registered on Gaga's BMI on May 17, 2011. Gaga told Ryan Seacrest that the song is one of her favorites off the album. She also stated via Twitter that it is one of the favorite songs of everyone who had listened to her new album.
One of my favorite songs on the album is called "Hair". It’s a really uptempo club record with a Bruce Springsteen vibe to it. I had Clarence Clemons come in from the E Street Band and play saxophone on the record. It has this KISS / Iron Maiden to the melody.
- "I've had enough, this is my prayer, that l'll die living just as free as my Hair." -Mother Mons†er" 3:16 AM via web
On May 27, 2011, Gaga performed the song live for the first time for her fans in New York City at Good Morning America.
- Programming, instruments — RedOne
- Saxophone — Clarence Clemons
- Guitars — Trevor Muzzy
- Vocal editing — RedOne, Trevor Muzzy
- Vocal arrangement, background vocals — RedOne
- Recording — RedOne, Trevor Muzzy, Dave Russell at Studio Bus (Europe, 2010)
- Mixing — Trevor Muzzy at Larrabee Studios (North Hollywood )
- Mastering — Gene Grimaldi at Oasis Mastering (Burbank )
- Stefani Germanotta P/K/A Lady Gaga (BMI) Sony/ATV Songs, LLC/ House of Gaga Publishing, LLC / GloJoe Music Inc. (BMI)
- Sony/ATV Songs, LLC/ Songs of RedOne, LLC (BMI)