"Highway Unicorn (Road to love)" is a song by Lady Gaga from the album, Born This Way. The song title was revealed through Gaga's Twitter right before the release of the Born This Way album artwork on April 16, 2011. The song was registered on her BMI on May 17, 2011.
NME reported that the song will have "a soaring melody, nods to Springsteen and an industrial techno production represent the blueprint for ‘Born This Way’. A unicorn is mentioned."
Gaga also said that "The sax in 'Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)' and in ‘Hair’ and in ‘Edge Of Glory’ – is not just there for no reason. [She] grew up listening to much Springsteen and Billy Joel, so in a way, it represents [her] innocence."
Gaga revealed on Twitter that the song was about herself, traveling on the road with nothing but a dream.
|The Born This Way Ball||All Dates||98|
|Total of performances||98|
- Programming — Fernando Garibay, DJ White Shadow
- Keyboards — Fernando Garibay
- Background vocals — Lady Gaga
- Recording — Fernando Garibay, Dave Russell at Studio Bus
- Assistant — Eric Morris
- Mixing — Dave Russell at The Mix Room (Burbank )
- Assistant — Paul Pavao
- Mastering — Gene Grimaldi at Oasis Mastering (Burbank )
- Stefani Germanotta P/K/A Lady Gaga (BMI) Sony/ATV Songs, LLC/ House of Gaga Publishing, LLC / GloJoe Music Inc. (BMI)
- [BMI] Sony/ATV Songs LLC / Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp./ Garibay Music Publishing.
All rights on behalf of itself and Garibay Music Publishing administered by WB Music Corp.
- Maxwell and Carter Publishing, LLC (ASCAP), administered by Universal Music Publishing Group and Maxwell and Carter Publishing, LLC (BMI) administered by Universal Music Publishing Group