Lady Gaga Live at Roseland Ballroom is the first residency show by Lady Gaga. Performed at the Roseland Ballroom in Manhattan, New York, the residency show began on March 28, 2014 and concluded on April 7, 2014, after completing seven shows.
The Roseland Ballroom opened in 1919 after moving from philadephia. It was announced on October 19, 2013 that the venue would be closing in April 2014, after over 50 years of operation at its curent location. On November 19, 2013, it was revealed that Lady Gaga would perform the final shows at the venue with an intimate, four-night residency on March 28, March 30, March 31, and April 2, 2014. Due to the high demand, shows were added on April 4, 6 and 7.
According to Gaga, playing at the Roseland Ballroom was always a dream of hers. She explained to John Seabrook of The New Yorker that: "It's basically the only room in the city I haven't played." As a young girl, she could not afford tickets, but she did manage to win free tickets to a Franz Ferdinand show during her senior year of high school. Gaga recalled that she fell down during the show and got her nose broken, making her parents forbid her from visiting Roseland. After her career took off with the release of her debut album, The Fame, she bypassed playing at the venue until its closure.
Gaga revealed the official poster for the residency show on March 18, 2014. The poster features an image of Gaga that was taken in 2008 at the Lower East Side of New York City by Geordie Wood. According to Gaga: "We found him and used that same photo for my Roseland poster." The poster also includes a quote from Gaga taken when the photograph was taken, that reads: "I'm Lady Gaga. A singer/songwriter. You're going to know me one day."
- For more information, see: Lady Gaga Live at Roseland Ballroom/Show
- "Born This Way (Acoustic)
- "Black Jesus † Amen Fashion"
- "Bad Romance"
- "Sexxx Dreams"
- "Yoü and I"
- "Paparazzi" (Instrumental Interlude)
- "Just Dance"
- "Poker Face" (Acoustic)
- "ARTPOP" (Instrumental Interlude)
Tickets went on sale through Ticketmaster on November 25; tickets were priced at $50 for the floor and $200 for the mezzanine. Members of Gaga's fan club were able to register for first access to tickets starting on November 19. Users were selected at random to receive invitations and codes to purchase tickets on November 21. Citi card members also had access to the pre-sale starting November 22.
- Lady Gaga wears a custom outfit by Shokra, tights by Wolford, a headpiece by Theresa Dapra and boots by Ellie.
- Lady Gaga wears a custom outfit and cape by Eren Fidanci, tights by Wolford, a headpiece by Arturo Rios, boots by Ellie and sunglasses by Ray-Ban.
- Lady Gaga wears a custom robe by Diane von Furstenberg and sunglasses by Ray-Ban.
- Lady Gaga wears a beaded ensemble by Atelier Versace, a bustier by Antonio Urzi for Versace, tights by Wolford and boots by Ellie.
- Lady Gaga wears a headpiece by Arturo Rios with a visor by Isabell Yalda Hellysaz customized by Kerin Rose Gold, tights by Wolford, a custom leather jacket by DKNY, bra and briefs by Mia Gyzander Costumes and custom boots by Giuseppe Zanotti.
- Lady Gaga wears a jumpsuit by Perry Meek and Pleaser booties customized by A-Morir.
- Lady Gaga wears a custom outfit by Perry Meek, a headpiece by Eren Fidanci and platforms by Long Tran.
- Photos by: Kevin Mazur.
- Lady Gaga wears panties by Hanky Panky, tights by Wolford, a custom bra by Bryan Hearns and platforms by Long Tran.
- Lady Gaga wears tights by Wolford.
- Photos by: Kevin Mazur.
- Lady Gaga wears a shirt by Saint Laurent, boots by Ellie and sunglasses by Prada.
- Lady Gaga wears an outfit by Thom Browne and sunglasses by Ray-Ban.
For the final show, a live stream by Verizon will be available on Getmoregaga.com.
Merchandise was available to be purchased before, during, and after each show.
- Hair and makeup department
|Hair stylist for Lady Gaga||Frederic Aspiras|
|Make up artist for Lady Gaga||Tara Savelo|
- Wardrope department
- Dancer department
|Dancers||Amanda Balen, David Lei Brandt, Graham Breitenstein, Montana Efaw, Kevin Frey, Knicole Breahn Haggins, Asiel Hardison, Ian McKenzie, Sloan-Taylor Rabinor, Victor Rojas|
- Music department
|Drums||George "Spanky" McCurdy|
|Bass||Lanar “Kern” Brantley|
|Lady Gaga tours or concerts as opening act|
|2008||Just Dance Promo Tour · New Kids on the Block: Live|
|2009||Doll Domination Tour · The Fame Ball Tour · Take That Presents: The Circus Live · |
|2010·2011||The Monster Ball Tour (2.0)|
|2012·2013||The Born This Way Ball|
|2014||Lady Gaga Live at Roseland Ballroom · artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball|
|2015||Cheek To Cheek Tour|
|2016·2017||Dive Bar Tour · Joanne World Tour|