The Manchester Arena (formerly known as Manchester Evening News Arena) is a large indoor arena in Manchester, England.
|1||The Heart (Video introduction)||2:40|
|2||"Beautiful, Dirty, Rich"||2:00|
|3||Pop Ate My Heart (Video interlude)||0:50|
|6||The Brain (video interlude)||1:20|
|7||"Poker Face" (With acappella / beat box intro)||2:40|
|9||The Face (Video interlude)||1:35|
|Total: 6.5 songs — 25 minutes|
February 18, June 2 & 3, 2010Edit
This concert is the first part of the revamped Monster Ball Tour.
Additional Notes (February 18th):
- At the beginning of the concert, the intro used was the Jumping Film from the theater version of The Monster Ball Tour.
- Throughout the concert, there were minor problems in the sound system and several burst sounds were heard by the public.
- Because of the soundcheck problems, this caused most of the back-track to be louder than Gaga's vocals. This later raised controversy that she may have been lip syncing during the concert.
- There was a kitchen fire backstage, causing the show to be late, and almost cancelled.
- During "Dance in the Dark", the light Gaga is infront of, it was blue instead of purple. The blue back light was never used again.
- The curtain rose as soon as the song started. This never occured again.
- No sound was heard when Gaga played EMMA while performing "The Fame".
- During the Puke Film, the audio was late because the video was too fast, causing the video to be replayed.
- During "LoveGame", there were various differences:
- During the intro, there wasn´t the line of the express man saying "Emergency! There's something in the tracks!", and the voice that said "Glitter Way" and some of the construction sounds were different.
- Gaga's gestures and poses during the intro were different.
- Gaga removed her nun hat outside the subway.
- She almost lost the first verse of the bridge because there wasn't the break after the 2nd chorus.
- Gaga lost the first line during "Money Honey", because of the introduction, which was shorter than in the other shows.
- Gaga didn't sing a part of "Telephone" because that was meant to be a dance break.
- During the Twister Film, Gaga's mic was turned off and the audio of the screen was not aligned, so the only instrument heard was the harp.
- The elevator rose at the beginning of "So Happy I Could Die", until the end of the song.
- The Antler Film had a different audio, which samples a instrumental with backing vocals version of "So Happy I Could Die", causing the film had been played for almost three times.
- During "Monster", there were various differences:
- The backdrop video started at the beginning of the song, instead of the second line of "He ate my heart, he a-a-ate my heart." Also, the screens stood split and up.
- Gaga didn´t leave the stage, or jump back to the stage using the trap door elevator, and didn't change outfits before the last chorus of "Monster". She did the mentioned, after the song.
- The spotlight that illuminated her in the front didn't turn off after the song.
- During "Teeth", the backdrop was the same as the one in "Monster".
- During the Monster Film, the only audio used was Gaga reading out the Manifesto of Little Monsters with the band performing.
- The theater version of the Apocalyptic Film was used, with samples of "Money Honey" at the beginning.
- The Apocalyptic Film were the only interlude that didn't have trouble with the music and/or wasn't repeated.
- The intro of "Paparazzi" was not featured, it was shown the screen rose when the Angler Fish and Gaga was lighted as well the whole stage.
- The Pyro-Bra was not featured during "Paparazzi", and the ending was the Angler Fish eating Gaga instead of it being killed by Gaga.
- There was no band performance before "Bad Romance".
- Gaga wore a straight white wig, similar to the wig she wore during The Fame era. This wig was worn throughout "So Happy I Could Die". She then changed to her double tone wig (blonde and yellow) during "Monster".
- The outfits that Gaga wore during "Dance in the Dark", "Glitter and Grease", "Just Dance", "Beautiful, Dirty, Rich", "Vanity", "Money Honey", "Telephone", and "Bad Romance" were never used again.
- Several of Gaga's props went missing.
Additional Notes (June 2nd & 3rd):
- Starting from this show, the Apocalyptic Film had a new scene added which shows Gaga playing with a cigarette between her teeth, replacing the "Paparazzi" backdrop star scene.
- Gaga performed "Stand By Me" on June 2nd show.
|Act I: NYC|
|2.||"Dance in the Dark"|
|3.||"Glitter and Grease"|
|5.||"Beautiful, Dirty, Rich"|
|Act II: NYC Subway|
|10.||"Boys Boys Boys"|
|14.||"Stand By Me" (June 2nd only)|
|17.||"So Happy I Could Die"|
|Act III: Central Park|
|22.||Monster Film (Manifesto of Little Monsters)|
|Act IV: The Monster Ball|
|25.||Battling a Paparazzo ("Paparazzi")|
Part of The Born This Way Ball Tour.
- During "Fashion of His Love", Gaga didn't wear her glasses and sang differently.
- Before "Bad Kids", during the 'I don't give f**k' speech, Gaga paid tribute to Knicole Breahn Haggins' brother, that had died that morning. She also spoke about it before "Hair". Due to his death, Knicole was absent at this show.
- Act I
- Space (intro)
- "Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)"
- Operation: Kill the Bitch (interlude)
- "Government Hooker"
- Birth (interlude)
- "Born This Way"
- "Black Jesus † Amen Fashion"
- "Bloody Mary"
- Mother G.O.A.T. Manifesto I (interlude)
- "Bad Romance"
- Act II
- Act III
- Mother G.O.A.T. Manifesto II (interlude)
- "Heavy Metal Lover"
- "Bad Kids"
- "Hair" (acoustic)
- "Princess Die" (acoustic)
- "Yoü and I" (acoustic)
- "Electric Chapel"
- Act IV
- Act V