Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott are a duo of fashion photographers. Mert Alas was born in 1971 in Istanbul, Turkey while Marcus Piggott was born in Bangor, Wales the same year.
Error creating thumbnail: Invalid thumbnail parameters
- This 3nd look was cut from the final campaign.
- Lady Gaga is wearing a T-shirt with a skirt or a pair of jeans with a belt by Versace.
Versace Spring/Summer 2014 advertising campaignEdit
Marcus explained to Style magazine that they wanted Gaga to look like Donatella Versace for the shoot. He recalled that they didn't know the concept a few weeks before the shoot which at the time, Donatella revealed to them that Gaga wrote a song called Donatella. The song gave them the idea of transforming Gaga into Donatella for the shoot.
- Was it intentional to make Lady Gaga look like a mini Donatella Versace in the campaign?
- MA: Yeah! We were like, “What are we gonna do for Lady Gaga?” She’s done every amazing look. She’s been every kind of monster. But a few weeks before the shoot, Donatella told me that Gaga did a song called “Donatella,” and we said, “Oh, my God. This is it! She’s Donatella! She’s got to be Donatella!”
- What was Donatella’s reaction when she saw Lady Gaga in her image?
- MP: She loved it.
- MA: She was so much fun. We listened to the song “Donatella” so loud on set, and on one side there was Donatella, and on the other side was Donatella. At one point, I said, “I think we should do the hair like this.” And then Gaga said, “Would Donatella wear it like that?” And Donatella said, “Yes, she would wear it like that.”
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|