Nick Knight OBE (born 1958) is a British fashion photographer, documentary photographer, and web publisher—as director of SHOWstudio.com. Nick Knight and Gaga began working together in the fall of 2009 and their last collaboration so far was in 2011.
- Main article: The Monster Ball: Theater Version
After the cancellation of the Fame Kills Tour, Gaga needed to put together a new tour in a short amount of time. In order to do it, she called Nick Knight for help:
- "I just called Nick. We were struggling to put the tour together so quickly and we wanted to do something very video driven and very interactive and I thought if I am going to do a video based show I need someone who can create videos and visuals who is really a genius. So I just called Nick and said “I’m in trouble. I need to phone God to help me get all this done in time. So naturally I called God, I called Nick Knight.” He started laughing. He just said, “oh thank you very much that’s very nice of you.” In that incredibly polite way he has. I said I wanted him to really push me, to go beyond my limits in terms of what I had done so far. In terms of marrying performance art, music and fashion and visuals. So naturally he wanted me to puke on myself and eat a bovine heart and do all sorts of other things."
- Body suit by Haus of Gaga (2009), mask by Yoshiko Creation Paris, pants by Maison Martin Margiela (Fall/Winter 2009 RTW), shoes by Yves Saint Laurent ("Imperiale")
- Main article: The Monster Ball: Arena Version.
A revision of the Monster Ball tour occurred after 22 shows, due to Gaga's concern that the original version was constructed within a very short span of time. The Haus contacted the same key people who worked on the Theater Version in order to make a new version. The SHOWstudio team did a new edit for each interludes and backdrops and created new one using footage shot the previous fall. They also created brand new props such as they "Eternal Fountain" a replica of the Bethesda Foutain found in New York City's Central Park. The team was comprised of SHOWstudio's crew with the help of 3D animators Kevin Stenning (Rapido3D) and BURSTvisual.
- Main article: 2010 BRIT Awards
The sculpture was captured and rendered by Kev Stenning at Rapido3D. Burst TV London did some 3D work using the scanned data and CNC machined out of polystyrene. These two companies worked under the supervision of Nick Knight
- Bodysuit by SOMARTA, shoes by Noritaka Tatehana ("Night Makers"), rings by Fred Leighton (right hand), Sevan Bicakci (left hand, ring finger), and VBH (left hand, middle finger)
The Lady Gaga Sittings for Vanity Fair
Look 1 Leather coat and pants by Emporio Armani (Unknown collection)
Look 1B Jacket, shirt, pants by Dior Homme (Unknown collection)
- Main article: 2011 campaign of MAC Viva Glam.
- Shot at Splashlight Studios, New York
- Camera — P65+
- Camera manufacturer — Phase One
- Fashion Director — Nicola Formichetti (CLM)
- Makeup —Val Garland (Streeters)
- Set designer — Mary Howard
- Jewels by Rodrigo Otazu
- For the album page, see Born This Way. For SHOWstudio Smoke & Mirrors 'Born This Way' Remix, see this page.
- Bra by Kiki de Montparnasse, leather short by Unknown
- Blouse and jeans by Unknown
- Mirror cape (worn as hat and dress by Daniela Karlinger, Gloves by (Unkown)
- Molded leather bodysuit and "Alien" shoes by Mugler
- Crystal eyepiece by Unknown, bodysuit by Unknown (SOMARTA, ?)
- Album and Single artworks
January 22-24, 2011
- Main article: music video for "Born This Way"
Nick Knight directed the music video for "Born This Way" on January 22 to the 24th of 2011.
Behind the scenes
On May 31, 2012, Nick Knight, through SHOWstudio's tumblr, released stills and gifs of a 15 second scene that was cut from the video. The reason for the release was as a thank you to Lady Gaga's little monsters for their continued support of SHOWstudio.
- Main article: 2011 iHeartRadio Music Festival, 2011 KISS-FM Jingle Ball, 2011 Z100 Jingle Ball
The Fuck Fashion interlude is a film directed by Nick Knight in 2011 that was used as an interlude for the iHeartRadio Music Festival, KISS-FM Jingle Ball, and the Z100 Jingle Ball. During these performance, the track "Government Hooker" was used as the music for the film. It was filmed on September 13, 2011.
- Outfit by John Galliano (Spring 2007), hat by Stephen Jones for John Galliano (Spring 2007), shoes by Pleaser, earrings by Kenneth Jay Lane
- Unknown designer
Fame by Lady Gaga
- Main article: Haus Laboratories
Nick Knight was involved in the design of bottle for "Fame" with Lady Gaga.
- Nicola Fomrichetti's Blog: Nick Knight creates Lady Gaga statue for Lady Gaga's 2010 BRIT Awards performance
- Nicola Formichetti's Blog: All Interludes for the Arena Version of the Monster Ball Tour are directed by Nick Knight