Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Posh Life" is a song written by Lady Gaga and produced by Dallas Austin for TLC's compilation album, 20 released on October 15, 2013. Although, the song was announced to be included on the album but due to label politics, the song was shelved.
Posh was the name of a character during the arena version of The Monster Ball Tour. Gaga's friend, Posh! The Prince played himself during the 2010 dates of the Monster Ball. After the new demo of "Posh Life" leaked, Gaga explained on Little Monsters that it's "very old song i wrote it about POSH! my friend from brooklyn/les who had moved to NY. he was in the Monsterball . TLC loved it." On July 25, 2013, V reported that Gaga gave "Posh Life" for TLC's upcoming greatest hits album. In a interview with Rolling Stone (2013), the two remaining members of the group recalled how they received the song:
- Chili:' It was a song that she did for an album with Dallas [Austin]. She was singing like TLC.
- T-Boz: She was a fan and we didn't even know. She was like, "I don't want to disrespect them," and was scared to put it on there. She called us like, "Oh my God, come down and meet me. I can't believe it." We were like, "This is Lady Gaga. Are you serious right now?" She was so excited and she had tears. She loved it. We're hoping to collabo with her on it but we already have the song. It's just that political record company business that screws things some times. If it works out, then she'll be on it. If not, it's still a song that she penned that's dear to her heart and dear to us, too, because of the passion she put into it.
- The song is called "Posh Life," correct?
T-Boz: It stands for Passionately Only Serving Him.
- Who is "Him"? The man upstairs or the man in the bedroom?
Chili: Oh hell, no! C'mon now! She talking about a regular guy.
- T-Boz: The G-O-D! Oh hell, no. I ain't serving no [regular] man.