Ruth Hogben is a filmmaker based in London. She assisted Nick Knight between 2005 - February 2009, both as his first photographic assistant and editor of his fashion film projects. Hogben has continued to collaborate with Knight on numerous films for SHOWstudio. She worked on The Monster Ball interludes and filmed In Camera: Lady Gaga.
She did a photoshoot with Gaga for Elle magazine and was set to direct a music video for "Venus" (Which was never filmed). In 2016, along with Andrea Gelardin, Hogben founded the creative direction studio called Lobster Eye. Studio serves as the primary creative director for Joanne album campaign cycle.
Work with Lady Gaga
- Lady Gaga wears an outfit by Armani Privé.
- Lady Gaga wears crop tops by Mugler, a pink mink hat by Chanel and sunglasses by CHairEyes.
- Lady Gaga wears an outfit by Christian Lacroix for Schiaparelli and a necklace worn as headpiece by Bjorg.
- Lady Gaga wears a bodysuit and belt by Fendi and shoes by Giuseppe Zanotti.
- Lady Gaga wears an outfit by Azzedine Alaïa and gloves by Marni.
Petga video, 2013-14
- Main article: ARTPOP: App
Hogben was the director of the introduction video for the ARTPOP app featuring Petga. The footage was later re-used as short clips being shown on the two screens next to the stage before the artRAVE in 2014.
artRAVE: The ARTPOP Ball interludes, 2014
- Lady Gaga wears shoulder pads by Gabriela Ostolaza, choker, forearm bracers and tights by Nixi Killick, crop top and leg warmers by Maria Ke Fisherman, sneakers by Buffalo and sunglasses and pacifier by A-Morir.
- Lady Gaga wears a bunny ears headpiece by WXYZ with a mask covered with Swarovski crystals, two bracelets and a crystal encrusted neck brace by Alexis Bittar and an Opaque thigh high nylon stocking with satin ruffle trim and bow by Leg Avenue with "Kiss Boots" by Swear Alternative.
- Lady Gaga wears an "Anemone" outfit by Serkan Cura Couture (2013 Collection) and Fabulous - 3035 boots by Pleaser.
- Location: One Of A Kind Store in London.
- Lady Gaga wears a dress by Yousef Al-Jasmi, boots by Gareth Pugh, a neckpiece and cuffs by Perez Sanz, earrings and a propeller cuff by Lynn Ban.
- Lady Gaga wears a dress.