"Scheiße" (alternate legal titles: "Scheisse", "ScheiBe", and "Shiza") is a song written in 2010 by Lady Gaga and produced by RedOne. Gaga and DJ White Shadow remixed a short portion of the song and premiered it on January 19, 2011 at the Anatomy of Change by Thierry Mugler show, although, Gaga purposely left out the chorus during this remix. The studio version of the song is featured on Born This Way.
The title and parts of the song are in German. Scheiße means shit/'dammit in English. Parts of the lyrics were posted by Nicola Formichetti on Twitter. The song was registered on Gaga's BMI on March 18, 2011.
- "Looking forward to this weekend. Shooting my parfum campaign and commercial with Steven Klein. Will be edited to a special song...shit."
Lady Gaga revealed on twitter that the song was written a day after going to a "dirty party" in Berlin, and that it was about wanting to be bad without permission. In an interview for Bild.de, Gaga revealed that the lyrics had purposely gibberish, fake German.
Gaga discussed the inspiration for the song stating:
- "This song I wrote right after I left Berlin. I went to the Lab.Oratory Club [May 11, 2010] the night before, I had some fun with my friends then the next day I wrote 'Scheiße'. I meant it like 'shit, it's good.' But I also meant it the other way; because this song is really about wanting to be a strong female without all the bullshit that comes along with. Anything that gets in your way from being brave. It's not the only word I know, I just like that word. It's sexy."
|The Born This Way Ball||All Dates||98|
|Total of performances||98|
DJ White Shadow "Mugler" Remix
Lady Gaga and DJ White Shadow remixed a short portion of the song (remix titled "Scheiße") and premiered it on January 19, 2011 at the Anatomy of Change by Thierry Mugler. Gaga stated that she purposely left out the chorus during this remix. Part of the lyrics were posted by Nicola Formichetti on Twitter.
- Programming, instruments — RedOne
- Vocal editing — RedOne & Trevor Muzzy for RedOne Productions
- Vocal arrangement — RedOne
- Recording engineers — RedOne, Trevor Muzzy at Tour Bus (May, 2010)
- Mixing — Trevor Muzzy at Larrabee Studios (North Hollywood )
- Mastering — Chris Gehringer at Sterling Sound (New York City )
- The album erroneously credits Gene Grimaldi at Oasis Mastering for the mastering.
- [BMI] Sony/ATV Songs, LLC/ House of Gaga Publishing / GloJoe Music Inc.
- [BMI] Sony/ATV Songs, LLC/ Songs of RedOne, LLC
- Born This Way booklet
- BMI | Repertoire Search
- Nicola Formichetti's Twitter
- Part 2
- Vogue (March, 2011) Behind-the-Scenes Photoshoot with Mario Testino