Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"So Happy I Could Die" represents her "Fear of Addiction Monster", this also includes a fear of alcohol. In an interview, she stated that the song is about our "happy place" that we go to when we're under "the influence", and this fear is split between two songs. Aside from the prevalent of alcoholism, "So Happy I Could Die" also explores several sexual themes in its lyrics. The song also makes a reference to her lavender wig.
On July 26, 2009 Lady Gaga tweeted "Lavender wig is back in full force. I'm so happy I could die."
Musically, it is a synthpop song that draws elements of Europop. Critics were divided with "So Happy I Could Die", who dispite complimenting its sexual nature, a lesbian love interest, and acceptance of closeted sexuality and bi-curious undertones, were critical of Gaga's monotonous vocals. Dispite mixed review, the song managed to chart in Hungary, Sweden and the United Kingdom. Performances for the song transpired during The Monster Ball Tour.
Lady Gaga performed the song on certain dates for the first North American leg of The Monster Ball Tour. She then later performed it on the revamped version. During the first leg, she performed the song before "Teeth", wearing a black leather corset. On the revamped version, she wears the Living Dress. The song is performed after the Twister Interlude. Because she has a bigger stage for the revamped version of the tour, she performs the song on runways that extend to the middle of the audience. After singing the first chorus, she gets lifted up in the air so she can see her audience more. Towards the end of the song, she is lowered down to the stage to change into her next costume for her next song.
|Monster Ball: Theater & Arena versions||2009—2011 (Nov 27—Jan 20, Feb 18—Feb 24)|
- All instruments played and programmed — RedOne, Lady Gaga, Space Cowboy
- Vocal arrangement — RedOne, Lady Gaga
- Vocal editing — RedOne, Johnny Severin
- Recorded — RedOne at Record Plant (Los Angeles, California, )
- Mixed — Robert Orton at Studio 3 of Sarm Studios (London, )
- Engineered — RedOne, Johnny Severin, Dave Russell.
- Sony/ATV Songs LLC / House Of Gaga Publishing Inc./ GloJoe Music Inc. (BMI)
- Sony ATV Songs LLC/RedOne Productions LLC (BMI)
- (NS) Sony ATV Songs LLC/Tiger Trax Limited (NS) All right administred by WB Music Corp.