Walmart Souncheck is an original performance series created to give music enthusiasts a chance to go behind the scenes with some of their favorite artists.
- The performance was recorded after her show at KIIS FM's Wango Tango the night between May 9 and 10.
- The first time Gaga started to do the acoustic version of "Poker Face" she stopped abruptly and went to her dressing room.
- In an interview with Rolling Stone, the event was explained stating she later admitted she nearly broke down and cried in the dressing room.
- Gaga can't abide even the prospect of failure - it terrifies her. "I had this disappointment in myself. That was a hard moment for me. Because as resilient as I believe that I am and as much as you can tell me all day, 'I don't think you have a breaking point, I think you're fearless and you can do it', the physical body, at a certain point, just starts to clock out'.
- A few minutes later, though, Gaga emerges, "Brown Eyes" blazing with dermination beneath her insane hat.
- She makes it though a throaty "Poker Face", and then kicks into her uptempo songs, backed by her dancers. As the beats reverberate, she sings and hits her dance moves with savage commitment, as if scourging weakness from her body.
- She's treating this rather tawdry, audience-free little Walmart gig like it's the Grammys, and her ferocity would be silly if it wasn't almost scary".
- Set list:
- Photography Aaron Rapoport.